Presenting to an audience is one of my passions. Recently, I have had the privilege to speak to the following groups:
- T.O.P.S. State Awards Conference – April 2015
- Elmhurst Library – April 2015
- Kishwaukee Women’s Network – February 2015
- Lions Club Illinois Winter Conference – January 2015
- Windy City Chapter / RWA – January 2015
- Northern Illinois Society of Human Resource Managers – January 2015
Is your organization or association or looking for a paid speaker ?
All programs offered below can be customized to your audience and your timeframe from as quick as 30 minutes to as extensive as a full day program.
Please send an email or call Jerilyn at 630-924-8362.
Click here to see what people are saying about Jerilyn as a speaker.
Keynotes and Programs that Motivate, Educate and Entertain
Setting goals is easy. Achieving them is another matter. Goals need tending, and that’s where many fall short. Learn five easy steps to tend your goals: make it real, make it SMART, pay attention every day, take small steps, and know it when you see it. Participants will:
- Explore their own unique vision of success
- Shape that vision into an achievable goal
- Identify obstacles (i.e. are you getting in your own way?) and solutions
- Create a path of small steps to achievement
Speaking before an audience is the #1 fear of adults, yet we are asked to do it all the time: proposals to clients, reports to committees, readings, toasts, and formal presentations. Does it ever get easier? Yes it can!
Audiences laugh and learn:
- Physical and mental techniques to turn nerves into positive energy.
- How to keep audiences engaged.
- Tools to help you think on your feet and confidently handle audience questions.
Change comes at us in every stage of life: school, career, marriage/divorce, dealing with elderly parents, and health. Coping with life transition can be draining– even when the change is happily anticipated. Help yourself and others through the rough patches at work, at home, in life.
- What happens after a change takes place
- How change be less painful, less confusing
- Techniques to deal more effectively with change and its effects.
We all have them; we all dread them; conversations that make your mouth dry and your hands sweaty. Whether with our boss, partners, teenagers or aging parents, these conversations deal with critical life issues. Make these “must have” conversations easier, more effective and less stressful.
Your audience will learn:
- How to avoid the two biggest traps in critical conversations.
- Discover what happens “behind the scenes” during these conversations.
- Be more effective managing these conversations with new tools and techniques.
Today’s retirees are the healthiest, most active, and in some cases, the youngest in retirement history. Some will be retired longer than they worked! Instead of the end of an active life, retirement can be the start of a whole new journey.
- The next 25 years of your life in a whole new way
- Who you are apart from your work
- What a significant life post-career will look like for you
Holiday creep” happens earlier and earlier each year. With it comes the pressure to create a Normal Rockwell meets Martha Stuart holiday. This non-religious program helps participants recognize “tradition traps” and reclaim their holidays from the media and retail frenzy.
- Explore what is meaningful in their celebrations vs. the expectations of advertisers and merchants.
- Examine and dismiss “shoulds” that may be self-imposed and stressful.
- Develop strategies to bring more meaning to the holidays by creating new traditions